I'll tackle New Year's Resolutions later...

OK, the books are officially taking over in our house. I will have to subdue them with extreme prejudice. I might have to use a machete. This bibliocrisis was precipitated by our acquisition of an aquarium for Christmas (thanks mom and dad). Now the dining room table is a no man's land. I tried to declare that we would never need to use the table again, so the books could stay, but my wife vetoed that.

I will tackle resolutions once the dining room table is clear. If I can't even clear the table, I can't imagine doing something more complex - new year's energy or not...

Updated, 6 pm

Ok, so having spent all day on the books, I have dominated them through sheer force of will. I may have nightmares of this day for the rest of the year, but it is done. In an ultimate expression of irony, when I went to clean under the bed (in preparation for putting books there), I found an entire box of Swiffer's coated in dust bunnies.

I resolve to make resolutions by the weekend.

No comments: