Avatar

J_ and I went to see James Cameron's Avatar a few weeks ago. I didn't write about it because, though the effects were great, I'm not sure I really had anything to say about it. I mean, the 3D effects were great, and I love the motion capture. Whatever Cameron did with the face-rig and "the Volume" worked because I did lose track of the computer generated characters v. the human actors. I can't wait to see what directors do with this in years to come. Spielberg is already using it for his new TinTin movie.

That being said, is all of that worthy of a blog post? No.

And yet...

who knew that the Na'vi would protest the division of the Palestinian territory? Or deforestation and loss of orangutan habitat?

Is this going to be a thing now? For the rest of our lives are there going to be people dressed as Na'vi at every environmental protest? I fear for this year's Earth Day. I can only imagine. What am I supposed to say when I_ or L_ comes to me years from now and says "Seriously? Blue skinned people at protests? Why did you saddle us with this one? Was  GWB not enough?"

No comments: