There and back again + sickness

Went to Atlanta this past weekend for work. I had to attend the American Association of Applied Linguists convention for a recruiting event on applied linguist careers in the federal government. The event went well. We actually do hire applied linguists where I work and will be looking to hire a few this year. I was in Atlanta for less than 24 hours, but did manage to finally eat at the Varsity, after all the raving gtchaos has done about it over the years.

I had been sick before I left and felt even worse when I got back. I decided to take some time off. I'm just feeling very worn out right now and as much as work need me, I feel like I'm just at the breaking point at the moment. If I don't take some time off, I'm just going to get sicker and sicker. I have some work I can do from home, so I'll just work on that for a few days and take some of my built-up leave.

In other news, I am working hard on preparing a sample to send to Viable Paradise for submission. I'm writing more than I have been for awhile, so that makes me feel good. I have to send them 8000 words, which is not that much; moreover, it needs to be the first three chapters, not 8,000 words from the middle of the work. My goal is to have something to them by the end of April, so I feel good at this point, that I will have something ready.

No comments: