End of Summer - Back in Action!

So, haven't posted since the beginning of the summer. Given a six and eight-year old, I'm sure you can all understand. Let's cover a few major summer changes.

We got a puppy! After nearly a year of talking about getting a dog, we've finally done it. This is a huge step for me, since I didn't have a dog growing up. For all the companionship, I'm not sure I was ready to tie my life down to a dog. S_ told me to get over it. Which was probably a decent strategy.

Here he is. Milo the Maltese. He's now ten eleven weeks old.

 
But we will keep his hair short. One of my conditions to S_ for getting a dog.

1. I must be able to PICK UP the dog in case I must run out of the house in a fire.
2. I will not be the portly gentleman walking "Puffball" or "Pookie" or "Mr. Anything."
3. With the exception of Halloween and, perhaps, a jingle bell at Christmas, no cutesy clothes. And this extends to barrettes for the Maltese. Thus, the short hair.

Not housebroken yet, but we're working on it.

School starts tomorrow. L_ in first grade and I_ in third grade. We know L_'s teacher, so no worries there, but I_'s teacher is a bit of a mystery. Even after meeting her, I couldn't tell you anything about her. Underwhelming is the best word, I suppose.

Included in this post is my 18 millionth resolution to post more often. (sigh) I will update the summer reading sidebar, at least.

No comments: